Hello friends! The holidays have got me thinking of desserts. And what’s a more important dessert than your wedding cake? When it comes to designing your cake, I know many couples really want to make sure it’s something truly special that represents them. Here are a few ways to make your wedding cake truly your own:
- Use a family heirloom as the cake topper. Maybe it’s the cake topper from your parents’ cake, or maybe it’s a grandmother’s favorite brooch.
- Have the baker use a family recipe and make note of this special connection in the menu or during your toast.
- Incorporate your favorite colors in the frosting or in the cake décor. You could even make your cake your “something blue”!
- Tie the cake to your wedding theme, season or location. A beach wedding cake could incorporate tasteful seashells, a destination wedding in Italy could feature a cake with some rustic charm, and so on.
- Use your wedding dress as inspiration. Have your cake maker borrow elements like the buttons or lace pattern to design the cake.
Don’t forget – apart from the design, you can also incorporate your personalities into the flavor!
Header image by Amy & Stuart Photography