Creative Wedding Cake Tables
Your wedding cake is likely on display all night. The wedding cake is a focal point so dressing up the table shouldn’t be an afterthought either. Make your wedding cake pop with a table that shines too! There are many ways to achieve the look of a creative wedding cake table that works with the rest of the room but still stands out. Here are a few factors to keep in mind when dressing up your dessert table!
1. A linen can be made of almost anything! Don’t discount the use of natural product (like leaves and ivy) that can be woven into a tablecloth to set the stage for a fabulously organic wedding cake.
2. Flowers from the ceremony can be repurposed for your cake table. Dress up your cake table by lining or trimming it with florals from the ceremony, bouquets from the bridesmaids or even leftover cocktail hour decor (if the cake will be wheeled out later in the reception).
3. Ensure the cake can stand on the design. Getting creative with a cake table can be a lot of fun but don’t forget to make it functional too! Ensure a solid base in the center of the table for the cake to stand, even if it means leaving an empty round in the decor before the cake is placed.
4. Spotlight your creation with exceptional lighting. Lighting helps make the magic! Don’t forget to spotlight the wedding cake and your creative wedding cake table with lighting to do it justice.
5. Save room for your cake knife and server and toasting glasses. Leave a little solid ground on the cake table for any accessories or personal details you want included in your cake cutting photos.