5 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Wedding Destination
Hi friends! So, you’ve decided a destination wedding might be in the cards for you. Wonderful! Destination weddings are such a memorable experience for both the couple and their guests. Picking the actual destination can be tricky for many couples. Once you’ve decided on the type of location (Beachy? Mountains? Doesn’t matter as long as it’s warm?) here are a few things to evaluate when choosing the specific destination:
- The overall food and culture – Make sure you like the destination’s food, music and overall culture. Those elements will naturally play into your wedding, after all.
- Ease of transportation – Is it within a one-hour drive from the airport? Try not to put an extra burden on your guests by asking them to travel a long distance after a potentially long and uncomfortable flight.
- Weather – Research the weather for the time of year you’re looking to get married. Aside from temperature, look at things like humidity, chance of rain (or monsoons!), and insects.
- Safety & medical – Make sure the area is safe and that there are adequate medical facilities nearby in case of an emergency. You just never know!
- Budget – Not only should you ensure that the destination is within your budget, but do some research and make sure hotel and flight costs would be something most of your guests would reasonably be able to handle.
Header image by Amy and Stuart Photography