5 Skincare Tips for Your Big Day
Hi friends! Your wedding day is coming up and skincare is probably on your mind. While your skin is largely dependent on a variety of different factors (and I’m no skincare expert), there definitely are a few things you can do to help ensure your skin is in good condition for your big day.
Remember to always follow the advice of your dermatologist or a licensed professional, but after decades of planning weddings and working with brides, here are a couple things that seem to work:
- H20. There’s nothing better than good, old-fashioned water. Hydrating as much as you can leading up to your wedding will give a nice boost to your skin. And it’s a great habit to continue after the festivities as well!
- Don’t try anything new. The month leading up to your wedding is not the time to experiment with new products. While it may be tempting to up your skincare game, make sure to only use products you’re familiar with and have used before. You never know what kind of reaction your skin might have.
- Be cautious with makeup. For some, makeup can be a big culprit of skin issues. Be sure to never sleep with your makeup on. Taking that extra couple minutes to take it off before bed can make a world of difference. Also, try on your wedding day makeup about a month in advance to make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.
- Sun protection. Remember to use sun protection, every day. Even when it’s cloudy! If you’re going to the beach or on a sunny hike, be extra vigilant.
- Facials and services. Facials, waxing, etc. can be great options for getting your skin wedding-day ready. Just build in at least a week before your wedding to give your skin time to recover after these services.
And don’t forget, many of these tips apply to the groom too!
Header image courtesy of Flickr/EventPhotosNYC