5 Tips for Outdoor Weddings
Hi friends! It’s officially the first day of spring! I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for some sunshine and, of course, some spring and summer weddings.
Whether it’s the beach, the park, a garden setting or something similar, spring and summer are obviously the perfect seasons for outdoor weddings but there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are a few tips:
- Have a backup plan. No matter how consistent the weather is at your location, always have a backup plan for inclement weather. You never know when rain, high winds or extreme temperatures can strike.
- Beware of hidden costs. Depending on your location, you may need to bring in things like heat lamps, generators, lighting and even restrooms. Be prepared for these oft-forgotten costs.
- Serve seasonal, but hearty foods. Spring and summer weddings lend itself to lighter fare like spring salads, shrimp cocktail and the like. While those options can certainly make an appearance on your menu, don’t forget your guests will be hungry! Offer some in-season hearty options like BBQ skewers, lobster rolls, sliders or something similar.
- Offer useful favors or supplies for your guests. Your guests will appreciate small gestures like fans and readily available ice water for the heat, shawls for a cooler evening and/or bug repellent to keep the critters away.
- Keep things cozy. One of my favorite ways to personalize an outdoor space is to bring in cozy, plush lounge furniture, with charming pillows. It’s a great place for guests to congregate and mingle during all the dancing.
Header image by Simone and Martin Photography