5 Tips for the Ultimate Royal Wedding Watch Party
Anyone else doubling over with excitement over the Royal Wedding this weekend? I’m so excited to see what Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have in store. While I would absolutely love to throw a viewing party for this momentous occasion, I’ll actually be on a plane…but I’ll still be online and watching every minute!
For the rest of you that are planning to watch with family and/or friends, here are a few tips to throw the perfect Royal Wedding watch party:
- Timing is everything. For those of us in the U.S., we’ll need to be up really early to catch it live. 4 a.m. for the West Coasters! It’s up to you whether you want to make that commitment, otherwise set that DVR and invite your guests over a little later in the day. Just stay off social to keep the magic alive.
- Send invitations. Embrace the formality of the event with a traditional paper invite. This one from Shutterfly will certainly do the trick.
- Set a dress code. Go as simple or as crazy as you’d like. If you’re holding your party early in the morning, have a fun pajama party. If you want something a little more posh, have your guests wear something they might actually wear to a Royal Wedding.
- Go all out with the theme. This is where you can have some extra fun! Roll out a red carpet, adorn your living room with fresh Peonies (Meghan’s favorite flower) and get those British tunes going on Spotify. For food and drink, stick to breakfast and brunch items for a morning party. Bloody Marys, mimosas, and quintessential British foods like crumpets, scones, finger sandwiches and the like.
- Get a little social. With all this effort, your viewing party deserves to be on social media! Set up a photo station with fun themed props (tiaras, mini British flags, big hats, you get the idea) and create a cheeky hashtag.
This is one event that will be worth the early morning wakeup call!
Header image via WPA Pool/Getty