8 Questions You Should Ask Every Vendor
Hi friends! From the florist and the photographer to the caterer and musicians, you’ll be dealing with a lot of vendors for your wedding. You’ll likely be interviewing quite a few vendors (though I recommend no more than three in each category) before you have your final team assembled. Here are some key questions you should be sure to ask:
- How long have you been in business? Experience is often key.
- How many weddings do you do per year? Remember, weddings are a different beast so it’s important for your vendors to have at least some experience with them.
- Are you available for my wedding date? May seem obvious, but this one is often overlooked!
- How much is the deposit? You should also check on how far in advance you need to put down the deposit, and when the total balance is due.
- How is pricing established? Ask what pricing is based on so you can easily compare with others.
- Will you be on-site at my wedding? Some vendors will send an assistant or another representative if they have multiple events in the same day.
- Can you provide three references? These are preferably recently married couples.
- What’s your cancellation policy? There are usually financial ramifications, so make sure you’re clear on their policy.
These questions are certainly a good start, but remember to also trust your gut when speaking with potential vendors.
Header image by Dennis Kwan