Questions to Ask During Your Wedding Venue Site Tour
Site tours are one of the most exciting parts of your wedding planning journey. This is the moment that it all starts to feel real, when you can imagine yourselves and your guests in an actual space. Even though you may have spent hours looking at photos, there’s nothing quite like seeing a property in person. Not only does it give you a true sense of the place, it aallows you to meet and connect with the people behind the scenes. But in all the excitement, it’s easy to get swept up. That’s why it’s also important to arm yourself with a list of questions to ask at your wedding venue site tour. That way you can get all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Here is a handy list of questions to ask on your wedding venue site tour. Be sure to print it out and take it with you!
- What is your availability during the time you want to wed?
- What is included in the venue fee and what is an additional cost?
- How many hours are included in the rental fee?
- Is there a ceremony space on-site? Will this incur an additional fee?
- Do costs vary depending on the season, day of the week, or time of day?
- How much is the deposit? When is it due, is it refundable, and what are the acceptable payment methods?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance? Do vendors need their own? Will we need to have our own?
- Who will we be working with? (Note: the person who conducts the venue tour may not be the person who will be your point of contact going forward. If this is the case, ask if you can meet anyone you will be dealing with, so you can put faces to names.)
- How many people does the space accommodate?
- Do you allow multiple events on the property on the same day?
- How many bathrooms are available?
- Are there any special accommodations for elderly guests or those with disabilities?
- What are the set-up and tear-down policies? What are the logistics? How far in advance can setup begin?
- Do you have any rules when it comes to décor?
- Will we need to flip the space? (For example, from ceremony to reception)
- What are the options available in case of bad weather?
- Is there a room where the bride and bridal party can get ready?
- Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
- Does the venue have a sound system or will we need to rent one separately?
- Are there any noise restrictions to be aware of?
- What are the food and beverage minimums?
- What are the menu options?
- Is there a kitchen on-site?
- Do you allow couples to work with external vendors and is there a fee for doing so?
- Are there any limitations on serving alcohol?
- Is there a room available for childcare (if you’re providing a babysitter)?
- Do you have a place for a coat check (for winter weddings)?
- Will we have a place where we can store gifts for collection after the wedding?
- Is parking available?
- Do you have any recommendations for guest transport?
- Can you recommend any nearby accommodation for guests?
- Can we have our rehearsal and/or rehearsal dinner on-site?
- When is the last possible date that changes can be made?
So that’s my list of the most important questions to ask during your wedding venue site tour. Don’t sign anything until they’re asked and answered!
Image by John and Joseph Photography Inc.