Wedding Shoes 101
Hi friends! Bridal shoes are a pretty important part of your ensemble. Not only do they complete your look, but they make for some pretty adorable photos. Keep in mind that you’ll be standing and dancing for at least five hours (if not eight or more), so the shoes you buy should be pretty comfortable. Don’t buy anything that’s painful! Here are a few other tips and tricks for your wedding shoes:
- Consider purchasing two pairs of shoes. Get one with a lower heel so you can go down on the dance floor. Even a pair of cute flats would do the trick. My collection of adorable champagne colored flats from Rollasole are perfect for you…and your bridesmaids!
- If your budget is tight, there’s no need to spring for those designer shoes. Trust me, know one is going to notice if you’re not wearing those pricey Louboutins. Instead, opt for a sleek and basic heel. You can get something great for around $50.
- Break in your shoes before the wedding. Walk around in them at home (and on different services) a few weeks before the big day. If you’re taking dance lessons, wear then them so you can get comfortable dancing in them.
- Look for a style you can wear again – especially if you’re splurging on an expensive shoe. Why not find something you can get some use out of?
- Time it right. Shop for shoes soon after you’ve chosen your gown so you can have them in time for your first fitting.
Header image by Amy & Stuart Photography